- READ THIS FIRST: Full-Time Faculty Hiring Process (NEW in fall 2021)
- Faculty Recruitment Flowchart
- For Part I (Request to Advertise for Faculty)
- Please fill out the new paperless Part I form. Review this FAQ document for more information about the new Part I Form.
- This form will ask you to include four items when submitting the Part I:
- Proposed funding plan - Proposed Funding Plan Template
- Proposed advertisement - Template for Faculty Hiring Advertisements
- Proposed recruiting strategy - a description of your plans to advertise the position to attract quality candidates
- Supplemental responses - Template for Consideration of Proposed Faculty Hires
- Request to Interview Faculty Candidates
- New Employee Personal Data Form (for new employees to complete and submit to HR and/or the Office of the Provost)
- Part II (Request to Hire Faculty) - this is the follow-up form to the Part I, which is to be completed when the final candidate has been selected
- Please upload the candidate's CV, the School/Department's draft offer letter, and the budget information requested on the form.
Forms 1-A, 1-R, 1-P, 1-T
(These documents should be downloaded as Word files for editing. Please do not try to modify them without first downloading and saving them on a local drive. If you encounter problems accessing these forms, please notify acad-contracts @ cua.edu.)
Reference Chart for Faculty Actions This is a new spreadsheet designed to capture visually the categories of faculty and the steps needed for appointments, reappointments, and promotions. (Please cross-reference with the Faculty Handbook as needed and provide any edits or feedback to acad-contracts @ cua.edu.)
Leave and Extension Request
- Sabbatical and Leave of Absence Requests: Information and forms concerning sabbatical and leave of absence requests can be found on the Graduate Studies page here.
- Temporary Disability Sick Leave (Faculty): To apply for temporary disability sick leave, please complete the following form after discussing this request with your chair or dean: Application for Temporary Disability Sick Leave (Faculty)
- Parental Leave Requests: To apply for parental leave, please complete the following form after discussing this request with your chair or dean: Application for Parental Leave
- The October 27, 2022 letter from the Provost regarding parental leave requests can be found here.
- Extension Requests: To request an extension to the probationary period for continuous tenure, please complete the following form: Request for Tenure Extension
Faculty Supplemental Appointment Position Descriptions
Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) or Affiliation Agreements
- Click Here to submit a Request for Provost and/or Office of General Counsel Approval for a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) or Affiliation Agreement
- Click Here to upload the Finalized Version of a Fully Endorsed (i.e. signed by all parties) Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) or Affiliation Agreement
- Click Here for the Office of General Counsel page which contains a number of standard Contract/Agreement Templates
- Click Here for the Q&A Document
Request for Provost Action - International Scholar Services
- Click Here to submit a Request for Provost Office action regarding immigration matters for full-time faculty members
Request to be Absent from University Events
- Click Here to submit a Request to be Absent from University Events
- Please fill-out the Engagement Request Form to request the Provost's attendance at any event or engagement. The Office of the Provost will review the request and get back to you with a confirmation as soon as possible.