For Hiring New Faculty: Please refer to the following documents when seeking to hire new faculty. (These documents should be downloaded for editing. Please do not try to modify them without first downloading and saving on a local drive. If you encounter problems accessing these forms, please notify acad-contracts @ cua.edu.)
- Flowchart: Steps for Faculty Recruitment
- For Part I (Request to Advertise for Faculty)
- Please fill out the new paperless Part I form. Review this FAQ document for more information about the new Part I Form.
- This form will ask you to include four items when submitting the Part I:
- Proposed funding plan - Proposed Funding Plan Template
- Proposed advertisement - Template for Faculty Hiring Advertisements
- Proposed recruiting strategy - a description of your plans to advertise the position to attract quality candidates
- Supplemental responses - Template for Consideration of Proposed Faculty Hires
- New Employee Personal Data Form (for new employees to complete and submit to HR and/or the Office of the Provost)
- Part II (Request to Hire Faculty) - this form will go live as soon as possible.
Forms for other Faculty Actions: (These are accessible as Word files to be downloaded and completed.)
Reference Chart for Faculty Actions This is a new spreadsheet designed to capture visually the categories of faculty and the steps needed for appointments, reappointments, and promotions. (Please cross-reference with the Faculty Handbook as needed and provide any edits or feedback to acad-contracts @ cua.edu.)
- Initial Appointment = FORM 1-A Reference Chart
- Reappointment = FORM 1-R Reference Chart
- Promotion = FORM 1-P Reference Chart
- Tenure = FORM 1-T Reference Chart
Sabbatical and Leave of Absence Requests: Information and forms concerning sabbatical and leave of absence requests can be found on the Graduate Studies page here.
Temporary Disability Sick Leave (Faculty): To apply for temporary disability sick leave, please complete the following form after discussing this request with your chair or dean:
Extension Requests: To request an extension to the probationary period for continuous tenure, please complete the following form:
Provost Research Awards: These documents are used in the Faculty Research Awards nomination process, with research awards given annually at University Research Day.
- Research Award Announcement
- Faculty Awards Nomination Form (Word version)
- Faculty Awards Nomination Form (PDF version)